Warning: include(/var/chroot/home/content/62/11652562/html/multiplememories/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/themes.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/62/11652562/html/multiplememories/wp-config.php on line 92
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/var/chroot/home/content/62/11652562/html/multiplememories/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/themes.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/62/11652562/html/multiplememories/wp-config.php on line 92 photo tips ‹ Multiple Memories Photography
1) To get the best results from your newborn portraits, your session is best conducted in the first 5-14 days of life. This is the optimal age, assuming a full-term baby, for our posing techniques and to get those curled-up sleepy portraits we’re best known for. If your baby(ies) was delivered earlier than 37 weeks, we will work with you to determine the best time for your portrait session. We are VERY experienced in dealing with preemies, as photographer Margie Mobley’s own triplets were micro-preemies.
2) Sessions usually last between two to three hours, but in the case of a fussy baby or multiples they can last much longer. Bring enough food and supplies to support your baby(ies) for at least a 4-5 hour time period. Babies may feed far more often than usual during their photography session.
3) Please ensure you have given baby a full feed prior to arrival at the studio and plan on topping them off once you get here. Feel free to feed in any manner you prefer while at the studio, we’re happy to give you plenty of privacy for breastfeeding.
4) It will be very warm in the studio (we are trying to replicate the environment in the womb as much as possible to elicit those very relaxed, folded, sleepy baby poses) so please be prepared for the Bahamas.
I recommend dressing in layers.
5) If you have introduced a pacifier, please bring it, as well as a backup. If you don’t use one, not to worry.
6) As difficult as it may be, please refrain from stroking or touching your baby while posed or posing unless instructed to do so. There is a comfortable sofa in the shooting area where you are welcome to rest. It even folds down into a bed, if you wish to lay down. It’s best to relax on that sofa while Margie is posing and photographing your baby(ies) unless Margie requests your help. She has triplets herself, so she has plenty of experience with babies, and she will let you know when she needs your assistance. This will ensure both successful posing as well as your infant’s safety at the session. We do welcome input and feedback from you at any time. We don’t want to keep you from your baby at all, and you will literally be steps away when sitting on the sofa. However, sometimes a calm, comfortable baby will grow restless when their mother comes near as they smell her scent.
7) Margie will do her best to accommodate any particular requests you may have, however each baby is an individual and though you may have ideas regarding the poses or props you’d like to try, the baby, first and foremost, will dictate which poses and setups are accomplished during the session. Baby’s safety is ALWAYS our number one priority, and with that in mind we will try and get as many of those beautiful photos you are looking forward to seeing.
8) Bring reading material, a wireless device, magazines or anything else to help occupy your time during the session. Wi-fi is available in the studio, and we have a small selection of magazines and books for you to read. We also will provide bottled water for you to drink. Please bring any other food or drinks you may want during the session. We do have a refrigerator available for you.
9) If you are pumping or breast feeding, you are welcome to do that during your session. There will be no men in the studio unless you bring your husband with you.
10) Please try to minimize the number of people you bring with you to the session as the studio space is very small and added distractions for the baby may disrupt the session. However, feel free to bring whoever you feel is necessary for your comfort or assistance, particularly in the case of multiples, c-section recovery, etc.
11) Cameras and other recording devices are not allowed during the session, and remember to turn your cell phone to vibrate.
All-Inclusive Newborn Portrait Sessions are just $550 for session fee and include your selection of 10 hi-res images in a beautiful cd folio.